Skip to main content

Pinup Pt. 2 - Vintage Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!


So excited to share this batch of photos with you guys!  As you can see from the title, not only is this February's post of my 2016 Vintage, but the sequel to my first pinup photoshoot from last summer.  I love the glamourous look of old-school vintage pinup photos and wanted to try my best to emulate the same feel.  To be perfectly honest, it wasn't easy getting into the right headspace at first but I'm pretty happy with how these photos turned out.


Mirror mirror

oh lipstick, you so funny :)

earrings are a must!


Bit of backstory, I was a tomboy as a kid-teenager, very stereotypically hating dresses and anything pink.  I had Barbies but they all "accidentally" lost their heads.  When I turned 19, my mom joked that she had a son for 18 years and now finally has a daughter.  I wanted to be tough and strong and those words to me were the exact opposite of "girly" and "feminine".  It's been a while since I've held those misguided beliefs but it's been a continuous journey to finding and embracing my femininity.  With this photoshoot, I wanted to explore the notion of finding strength in femininity.

Contrary to the original use for pinup photos, which tied a woman's worth to how she looks in the photos (as understood from my super reliable source, Wikipedia), I wanted to convey through these photos the exact opposite message.  Essentially, "I am strong because I am who I am on the inside.  Wearing pink does not and cannot weaken me because that is my outside.  I can wear whatever I damn well please and still be badass."  As a matter of fact, wearing pink, and even make-up has become fun.  Sometimes when I'm putting on my eyeliner, I pretend it's war paint.  Why?  Because love is a battlefield ;)

time for my battle shoes






Make-up and hair-styling are both areas in which I have very little experience.  Hopefully I can recruit some help next time considering how sad my curls were for this shoot :P



Hope you enjoyed these photos!  Thanks for reading and hope you have a lovely Valentine's day!

Comments