Skip to main content

Bit of Bubbly

Happy New Year!
Finishing off my 2016 vintage project with a New Year's Eve themed BANG :)



Hip-hip-hooray!

toot toot!



bit of bubbly

juuuust a little bit

Hope everyone had a great NYE, partied responsibly, and isn't too hungover today :P

looking back

Looking back...I can't believe this year is over, just like that. It's been a pretty crazy year to say the least. So much has happened, and I'm so grateful for all the experiences. I've already started to reminisce about the good times in 2016, and thinking about how I can apply my lessons learned in the new year.

reflecting time
Reflecting specifically on this 2016 Vintage project, I definitely had my ups and downs. So many times I struggled to come up with a concept, stressed at the prospect of not being able to keep my commitment.   I constantly second-guessed myself, Is this idea good enough? What if it's not as good? Is it really too much to do a different full concept shoot each month?  Then I'd feel guilty because once a month doesn't seem that frequent.  I'd feel like a failure.   Maybe I'm not as creative as I thought.   Maybe I bit off more than I could chew.  Then, to combat the guilt, I'd make excuses for myself.  "I'm busy with work" or "I have other commitments, it takes a lot of time and energy to plan, shoot, edit, write, and post."  But it's so easy to put off anything with the excuse of "life gets in the way".

sigh of relief

It is with a huge sigh of relief and sense of accomplishment that I can say I DID IT!   Knowing exactly how many times I came so close to giving in, saying "I can skip this month", I am proud of myself for having completed this project.  At the end of the day, I know I didn't want to give up on working on improving my photography, and I really needed to commit to that passion.

For 2017, I have a new year-long project in mind. I'm really excited for it and will talk about it more in my next post!




Thank for reading!  Cheers to a great new year! :)

Comments