Skip to main content

2017 Fashion Project

First official post of 2017 whoo!  As previously alluded to at the end of my last post, with the end of the 2016 Vintage project, I'll be starting a brand new project for 2017.  Specifically, I'll be looking to focus on phasion fotography -- ahem, fashion photography (doesn't it look so fancy in italics :P)

There's a couple of reasons why I want to pursue this project.  The vintage project was great in pushing me to explore specific ideas and concepts that I had in mind, creating something that only existed in my imagination, and trying out self-portraiture.  Oh, not to mention the totally justified shopping sprees and playing dress-up hehe.

However, I realized that I want to focus more on being behind the camera again.  There's a timing issue with self-portraits that relies heavily on a iterative process of reviewing and adjusting, and I found that I really missed the level of "in-the-moment" artistic direction I would have if I were behind the camera.

Additionally, I think this renewed focus would build me up to potentially transition to other kinds of photography that I might be interested in in the future (maybe weddings/engagements? imagining all the pretty white dresses!)

Similar to how I did the 2016 project though, I'm looking at a year-long commitment with monthly deliverables (some office lingo coming through here, bear with me).  As mentioned in my reflections on the vintage project, I believe it's important to have some sort of structure and consistent outputs to keep myself in check, otherwise it's much too easy to procrastinate or fall off the wagon.  So my goal for this year is to have at least one post every month featuring two different fashion outfits -- just to make it a little bit harder than last year.

Without further ado, let's take a sneak peek at the faces that will be featured in my project (some might seem familiar):



As I'm sure you can tell, everyone's really different and so I'm super excited for the variety of styles I'll get to shoot!

Stayed tuned for January's post to come out soon :)

Comments