Skip to main content

Valentine's Date with Amanda

Hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day!  So very excited to share this set of photos :)

This month's post features the vivacious Amanda.  This shoot means a lot to me as Amanda was actually my first fashion photography model, many many years ago.  Seemed fitting to me that after explaining what re-invigorated my interest in fashion photography that I share a little more about what (or rather, who) got me started in the first place.


Q: Tell me a little bit about your style.  

A: I go through phases where I like to try new styles and I lean in certain directions. I find overall my style is very girly and classic. I stick to things that work for me and have worked over time.

Cardigan - Zara
Trousers - Dynamite
Oxford Heels - Aldo

Bag - Charles & Keith


Q: Why do you like dressing up for Valentine’s day?
A: I think Valentine’s day is something I enjoy dressing up for that you normally wouldn’t think to...especially if you don’t have any special plans.  Valentine’s to me is more than just a “treat your SO” day, it’s about love in general.  Loving yourself, your friends/family, it’s taking the time to show someone you care about that they matter to you; and sometimes that someone can even be yourself!  Plus, it’s not everyday I have an excuse to throw a little more romance into my outfit...Yes, red is a Christmas colour as well but how often do I get to wear something with lipstick print? Or a lacy camisole with a dressy blazer? (maybe quite often if you’re brave enough... but romance isn’t my everyday accessory).

Watch - Michael Kors
Notebooks - Indigo

Earrings - Swarovski
Bow Ring - Pandora

Q: Valentine’s was on a Tuesday this year! What are your suggestions for bringing a Valentine’s/romantic flair to the office while still being work appropriate?
A: Wearing the signature Valentines colours is always an easy way to add the holiday vibes in your attire.  It might seem cheesy to incorporate the reds and pinks into your wardrobe for the sake of Valentine’s day but I think it’s a nice, little gesture to change up your work dress style. What’s that saying -- “Look good, feel good”?  I strongly believe that if you wear something you feel comfortable and confident in, you’ve set yourself up for a great day.  A more subtle way to incorporate romance into my office attire is adding a little lace.  Obviously depending on your office style, you don’t want to go overboard, but a little lacy detail can add femininity to an otherwise drab office outfit.


Lace Collared Top - Club Monaco
Necklace - Valentine's Gift

Q: Do you have any “tips & tricks” for creating an outfit that transitions from office to date night?
A: I usually use one key piece and build both outfits around it. This allows me to easily change my accessories and go from office to date.  Makeup also helps transition the look. I personally don’t use a lot of makeup in my day to day look, preferring the lazier option of the “natural” look.  To dress myself up from office to date, I add some simple makeup to complete the transition.  The makeup routine itself, while very basic, also gives me the air of “dolling up” for a special occasion.

Valentine's installation at Scarborough Town Centre

Coat - BB Dakota
Pleather skirt - Forever XXI
Lace Leggings - Guess
Chelsea boots - Steve Madden

Hope you enjoyed these photos!  It was incredibly nostalgic to shoot with Amanda again, brought back so many memories of our high school days.  Shooting with her is always great because we have lots of fun together and it's super easy and effortless since we've known each other for so long!

February has been a busy month for photos so I'm pretty slammed with editing/posting.  But I'm quite excited to share so stay tuned for more to come!

Thanks for reading :)

Comments