Skip to main content

Photoshoot: Halloween Happenings

As promised in my last post, this one is jam-packed with photos of costumes!  Gonna jump right into it as there are a buttload of photos.
I was part of a trio from Despicable Me as pictured below:

The fear in our eyes is real

My friend Bonnie and I love Despicable Me and Minions, evidenced by these McDonald toys we diligently collected (even though we got weird looks for still buying Happy Meals at our age):


they're like Mini-Me's!
We were talking about how it'd be hilariously adorable if I was the "tall Minion" and she was the "short Minion" (we have a height difference of ~10cm/4in).  Later research determined our exact characters to be Dave and Tim.  John has been delaying his haircut so we pegged him as "Purple Minion #2".

the casting was truly inspired
We started off shooting a bit at my place while we got ready for the party.  This shoot marks one of the very rare times that I actually used a legit tripod (versus a recycling bin or whatever random surface) so I'm patting myself on the back for that.  Although, I have to admit, it was largely due to the fact that the tripod was leaning on the door frame right next to where I was shooting...

This "comic" might look vaguely familiar if you're following me on Instagram:

Banana love story
The party was at Amanda's so we piled into our cars (and I brought my tripod too!) and off we went.
It was a a small and intimate party, and while it was quite casual, I was really impressed with the quality of everyone's costumes.  I located an ideal spot for photos and hogged it for the whole night (thanks to Amanda for taking that action shot!).

Our lovely host Amanda was looking sweet and pretty in her Hello Kitty swag which included the crop top I got for her birthday from the F21 kids' section (#goodiesfromkiddiessection):


Carlie was all mysterious and gothic in her black lace dress and plush cape:


 ...and Anita was looking like she belongs on her very own baseball card! (which is why I had to make this...using my super professional Microsoft Paint skills):

Limited Edition!

Hiding from the paparazzi
I realized after the night that it was my first time shooting Bonnie.  Oh how I've missed out!  Just look at this little cutie patootie!

Identical

 And in stark contrast, we have John's photos.  After much poking and prodding, he finally agreed to get into the Halloween spirit and make the appropriate faces for his role.

piranha, derp, and blargh
Although I didn't get to spend much time in Toronto, the party was a lot of fun!

I'll be doing a Part 2 with my own photos + a DIY post on how I put together the Minion costumes for me and Bonnie (YES I DID IT MYSELF whooooooo I'm Martha Stewart -- is it Martha Stewart who does DIY costumes? never mind >.<")

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked the photos!

Happy Halloween!

Comments